Since the year of establishment, the Plant has produced more than 5 000 000 (five million) tons of steel structures for various applications.
Chelyabinsk Steel Structure Plant is a solid team of professionals able to implement a project of any complexity: starting from prefabricated building and bridges and to power transmission towers, communication towers, etc.
Offered steel structures are characterized by high reliability and low cost. For each case a cost of steel structures is calculated individually. Steel structures fabricated by Chelyabinsk Steel Structure Plant Team guarantee reliability of your buildings.
Buildings made of Steel Structures
Steel structures is a reliable and cost-efficient technology used in construction of such facilities as: arch hangars, private houses, exhibition centers, farms, etc.
During fabrication of steel structures, ChSSP personnel use well-known new technologies (plasma cut and welding), and their own know-how for each project.
Advantages of steel structures
Reliability, durability, light weight, simplicity and ease of erection works – these are the main advantages of this technology. Utilization of steel structures for constructional purposes allows both: batch fabrication of elements and single projects.
Other advantages of steel structures:
• Short erection time. Steel structures allow constructing quickly such buildings as arch hangars, farms, warehouse, sports or trading center.
• Cost effectiveness. Buildings constructed of steel structures cost considerably cheaper in comparison with reinforced concrete structures or brick buildings. At the same time they provide virtually unlimited possibilities for construction of pre-fabricated buildings and implementation of non-typical projects.
• Small size allows to reduce expenditures for transportation.
Fabrication of steel structures
Fabrication of steel structures at Chelyabinsk Steel Structure Plant occurs in several stages:
1. Steel Structures Engineering works – one of the major steps at which all peculiar properties are revealed; it also includes all needed calculations. E.g. operational features of prefabricated buildings, loads upon elements, special features of erection and connection. Drawings of steel structures also are being prepared at this stage.
2. Original inspection of materials starts after engineering stage is over. Raw steel is unloaded, marked and placed at the plant storage area.
3. Then raw steel is machined. Specialists of the Plant make short-blasting cleaning, flattering and cutting of semi-finished elements. Later treatment is done at paint and shipping area. This area is serviced by nine cranes with the capacity from 20 to 40 tons, spans from 30 to 36 m, and the track height from 9650 to 14000 m
4. Cleaning of steel structures is performed with the help of short blasting chambers, maximum dimensions of structures treated are as follows: height (without tilters) up to 3500 mm, width up to 3500 mm, length up to 13000 mm. Two tilting cars perform all operations connected with handling and rotating of elements up to 14 tons. Structures are painted and dried on racks
5. At the stage of quality control, packing and marking stage steel structures are prepared for transportation. Products are handled by means of overhead and suspended cranes, and powered cars. In total, there 33 cranes in the Treatment Shop. The crane capacity varies from 8 to 30 tons. The span of the cranes varies from 15 to 30 m. The crane track height is 8100 mm.
6. Delivery of steel structures can be done in several ways:
- by means of railroad
- by means of cargo planes
Bridge Steel Structures
Steel structures are widely used for construction of road and railway bridges, portal frame, floating and other types of bridges. Increased requirements are applied to these types of steel structures, especially to their quality and reliability. For example, for construction of railway bridges it is feasible to use continuous beams made of different steel grades with concrete plate resting on it. In other cases reinforces beams of plate steel can be used.
Structures of every type of bridges have their own unique features and these features should be considered during fabrication and erection. E.g. for construction of suspension bridges pylon-type steel structures are used. Steel wire ropes for fastening of a deck are stretched to these structures. Additionally structures are reinforced with transversal beams. Floating bridges which should keep small bridges or piers at the water surface are made in form of hollow cylinder.
Steel railings also have a number of advantages over concrete ones. For example they are more strong and durable, installation also costs cheaper as you don’t need to use lifting cranes. Chelyabinsk Steel Structure plant implemented several projects for the production and installation of bridge elements.
In 1951-1955, first cable-stayed bridges with the span of 874 m across Volga river were fabricated
In 1971-75, a cable-stayed bridge across Amudarya River was constructed, having a single span of 660 m. At that time, this span was one of the largest in the world.
In 2009 bridge over Don River (Rostov-on-Don) was constructed. The superstructure includes two main beams with 36 m span. Main beams of the box-section, with the web height of 140 cm, are placed in cross-direction with a pitch of 6,399 m. The structure total weight is 1204 tons.
Chelyabinsk Steel Structure Plant also manufactured structures for road bridge in Ufa city, special bridges for national defense forces, combined bridge across Oka River in the city of Nizhniy Novgorod, superstructure of this bridge is of 181 m total length and weight is 1520 tons.
Power transmission towers
Power transmission towers include a lot of elements; it should hold electrical cables at specific height by means of reliable fastenings, ensuring stable work without short circuits and wire breakage under any weather conditions. Steel structures of power transmission towers should withstand fixation of additional elements (e.g. lighting devices) and be resistant to weather exposure.
Chelyabinsk Steel Structure Plant manufactures power transmission towers of different types: traverse, guyed, etc. Fabrication of power transmission towers meet the technical requirements set out by regulatory documentation. All elements are fabricated of durable carbon steel with anti-corrosion coating applied. Plasma cutting and welding ensure high quality of our products thereby steel structures are reliable and have a long service period. Power transmission towers are designed for power lines of minimum voltage 35 kW at a designed temperature down to –65 °C.
Communication towers serve as towers used for installation of cellular transmission equipment, television and radio broadcasting equipment, etc. Communication towers can be fitted with additional fastenings for feeders and antennas, service platforms, lightning and protection equipment, lightning rods, platforms for personnel, etc.
Communication towers manufactured by Chelyabinsk Steel Structure Plant fully meet requirements of Russian and foreign codes and standards. High skill level of our employees ensures efficiency, easy installation and quick transportation of steel structures. As a result a communication tower will be put into operation as quickly as possible.
Cost of a project is calculated separately depending of dimensions, complexity of erection works, weight of steel structures and other customer's wishes.